I write for young people (Drink the Air, Spring Rain, Joyous and Moonbeam, This Is My Song) and older people (The Rose Leopard, Bloodlines). I also enjoy creating poetry, short stories, plays and reflections, and have an extensive history of educational publishing.
- Awarded a Medal in the Order of Australia (OAM) in 2011 for services to education, literature and performing arts
- Winner of the 2010 Queensland Premier’s Literary Young Adult Fiction Award for Drink The Air
- Short-listed for the 2014 West Australian Premier’s Awards for Joyous and Moonbeam
- Recipient of a 2015 May Gibbs Literature Trust Creative Time Fellowship for the creation of This Is My Song
- Winner of the 2016 FAW NSW Walter Stone Award for Life Writing for Homecoming, a memoir of my great-uncle who landed at Gallipoli on April 25th, 1915.
- Recipient of an Australia Council Literature Board Grant for Emerging Writers in 2011-2012
- Joine winner of the 2004 Queensland Theatre Company Expressions Play-script Competition for Heart
You can contact me through this blog or at Twitter: Richard Yaxley
Or, you might like to go to Facebook: Richard Yaxley Author